Make Your Contribution

I am running to raise money for The Wounded Warrior Project.  This foundation provides direct services to veterans and active military, aiding those wounded in the line of duty.  You can make a contribution here or by clicking the image to the left.  Every little bit helps me reach my fundraising goal.  Please post a note on the Sponsorship Page, letting me know you donated.  Thank you for your contribution.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Better Late Than Never

Went for an evening run today, which is not preferred over morning runs.  I squeezed it in to stay on schedule, because I need to stay consistent.  I waited 3 hours after eating, and made sure not to drink too much water beforehand either.  I wanted to get back to the 1.7 mile run I did the two runs prior to this, but I only made it to 1.2 miles.  I walked until 1.4 miles, and then went back to a good pace for the last 0.3 miles.  I realized something by running like this, I should be running longer distances with breaks.  This is how the competition will work, and it's still good cardio if my heart rate stays high enough during walking breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment